English headline news from SINA.com

ynet - Updates for RSS

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grasping For What We Cannot Yet Reach!

An Original Live Blog- from Stephen C. Sanders, aka Aharon Moshe Sanders. Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:20AM

After a long time out from the blog spot world, which lead me to buying my own domains, which lead me to paid Web Hosting, etc.... I am happy to come be back, to the click and publish world of blogger.com

After all it is very easy to get distracted by a million paid web hosting plans, and unlimited universe of yet "uncreated" domains, and lets not forget a veritable plethora (I always wanted to use those two words together- hope I got it right) of social networking websites.

I suppose it has a certain nice ring to it, to call myself a veteran of the blogging world. How does one obtain such a seemingly covetous title. Simple, just go back in time and start blogging before anyone had even invented the term, and supply the link back to your old "pre-blogging" website. Get ready, because here it comes.

Tiger_ByThe_Toe.tripod.com

These were the good old days of the Web World. Sure there were plenty of people with big dreams and visions. Yet it was a time when not everyone you think of would say, or e-mail, you, go see my blog. Why was that, I already told, the term had not yet been invented.

Well, guess what, I just did the ever so important Google Search and have already learned, that I was wrong!

Just check out the ultimate authority in such matters:

wikipedia.org


Before blogging became popular, digital communities took many forms, including Usenet, commercial online services such as GEnie, BiX and the early CompuServee-mail lists[9] andBulletin Board Systems (BBS). In the 1990s, Internet forum software, created running conversations with "threads." Threads are topical connections between messages on a virtual "corkboard."



Blog
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Today's of technologically advanced College Kids, turned grown-ups have all the high tech devices to get them where they want to go. Sure, they have their GPS-Navigators, and their smart phones, maybe even a laptop computer, or an I-pad, or if in the teen-age or College going set an I-pod touch. Every time I use the term "I-pod" referring to that small slender device smaller than a 3X5 index card, but more powerful than a Commodore-64, my daughter corrects and says "I-pod touch" as she turns her nose in the air ever so slightly.

Yes, my friends, gone are the days that you could impress you friends, by programming an endless loop in basic, filling your friends computer screens with your name, in all two lines of code. Your kid can now download movies, right there onto their precious little I-pod touch. Since these things have come into existence, TV's are not even as important as they once were.

 My daughter even brings hers to the Dinah table and I stand up dramatically and say, "Turn that off", to which of course she replies in a second, which is never a second or even a few minutes. As a matter of fact if I am not paying attention to where she puts the thing down, the moment I get distracted I look it, and he she once again has disappeared into some fascinating world, from which she simply can never become bored. 


Sure sometimes I worry about using a professional image, but after all its free advertising for them, who would ever get upset?

But surely just like my good old glory days, of writing (now they call it blogging) just any old thing I chose to write about with out worry about such things that no one even new about like SEO, or monetization. No indeed the people who I believed, like me, were simply people who like to write. We had thought, ideas, opinions, beliefs that we simply wanted to express. Sure we had our dreams, who doesn't have dreams, but somehow we always may have suspected that they would never come true.

So instead of waiting around to be discovered. Or trying to find literary agents, or typing up 580 page bound manuscripts and sending them to dozens of potential publishers, we just took a chance, "bought" some free web space bought some sort of book based on the concept of HTML for dummies and started FTP'ing our way into the blogosphere with such crazy tools as CuteFTP, and using Angelfire HTLM templates.

Only later did we discover one day in our endless random surfing, this thing called blogspot, and a brand new way to do everything, and of course, it was easier, faster, and better. The price, amazingly enough, it was still FREE!

Stephen C. Sanders
Aharon Moshe Sanders (This way it looks like two author's wrote this, more credibility)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:20AM (before alternate side hands out parking tickets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only post comments that have some either direct or even indirect relevance to the given post.
Blatant spamming or other methods will be deleted and require publisher of this blog to issue tighter comment controls.