English headline news from SINA.com

ynet - Updates for RSS

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

All Victories: The awkward immigrant

All Victories: The awkward immigrant: "vendor saw me, he would remember taking my money and giving me change. But he just said, “You didn’t pay.”

“I gave you 50 shekels! You gave me change.”

“I didn’t get anything from you.”

I shop at that stand every week, and the owner is a serious and honest-seeming person. I was sure he was wrong, but I was too flustered trying to express myself in Hebrew to argue further. I took the apples out of my tote so he could weigh them again.

And then, overwhelmed with frustration and shame and, honestly, no small measure of hormones, I burst into tears."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only post comments that have some either direct or even indirect relevance to the given post.
Blatant spamming or other methods will be deleted and require publisher of this blog to issue tighter comment controls.